Why does content development matter? Content development matters, because great content keeps your website thriving. It brings traffic to your business and keeps potential customers engaged instead of instantly bouncing away. A website with minimal content does not do enough to help you stand out in keyword searches and could cause you to be overshadowed by competitors. Additionally, sparse websites just are not that interesting to explore. The problem is most business owners are too busy to think about content development, which causes their website and all of their marketing efforts to suffer. Luckily, UplinkSpyder will make sure that doesn’t happen to you. We are content development experts who can complement the work you do while you focus on your business.
We understand that content is one of the most important aspects of your website, and we take it seriously. Most of our clients need help with content creation. They have neither the time nor the skill to write strong content that is highly searchable AND interesting. That’s why we have writers and editors on our staff. We wrap our heads and hearts around your business and use our journalistic powers to write for you.
There are four levels to generating good content:
- Strategy: We help you map out what needs to be conveyed on your website (and where). What do people need to know? What are the essentials for your field of expertise? What makes you unique? What personalities should be highlighted?
- Editing: We can take an existing site and with critical and targeted editing, turn bland text into interesting content that is also optimized to help search engines find you.
- Creation: No content? No problem. We learn about your business, services and goals. We study your competitors and industry. We learn about your customers, interview key members of your staff and visit your workplace so we clearly understand the voice or personality of your business. We create the content for you and then refine it until it’s as perfect as possible.
- Formatting: Almost as important as what a website says is how the information is presented. No one likes to read huge paragraphs of text. Google, however, loves a certain amount of content per page, so we balance everything with formatting.
Wait…what is “good” content?
- Easy to read
- Free from grammatical errors or typos
- Compelling and relevant to your business
- Search engine/keyword friendly (Google has to love your website as much as you do!)
- Informative and accurate
- Clearly organization and formatted
- Original throughout, not repetitive or duplicative.
All this can be overwhelming, but that’s why we’re here. We learn about you and the way you want to be portrayed, and we reflect that in every piece of content we create for you.
But, we don’t stop at creation. We can help you disseminate that awesome content through proven marketing tactics to ensure it is seen by as many potential customers as possible (otherwise known as content marketing.)
Contact Us today and put us to work for you!
2677 Willakenzie Road, Suite 5
Eugene, OR 97401
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm
Get the latest tips and tricks straight to your inbox, and be the first to see our recent website launches.